Deborah Tosline wrote and published Skin Remodeling DIY: An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skincare in 2015. Deborah's education and work experience is in science, where hypotheses are tested through observation and experiments. She has Bachelor of Science degrees in geology and ecology. Her approach to skin care is based on that scientific background, a love of research and over 30 years of DIY skincare experience.
For daily health and beauty messages, follow Skin Remodeling DIY on Facebook
Waste. It’s everywhere. You may be clean on the outside, but are you internally overloaded with metabolic wastes? Yes, most probably. Metabolic wastes are excreted through organs. The skin is our largest excretory organ with sweat glands that excrete perspiration through skin pores.
Let’s put this in perspective.
What would life be like if you stopped taking your garbage out and just lived with it? It would be difficult to function efficiently. What if you never washed your face or did not clean your car?
Everything requires maintenance for proper functioning and longevity. Your insides are no different. Special treatment is required to remove metabolic wastes.
Are you intentionally promoting internal waste removal for optimum metabolic functioning, health (= beauty), and longevity?
Do you value yourself, your range of movement, your silky skin and amazing brain? If so, it’s time to adopt physical detoxification into your routine to promote basic health so that you may function at your top level. Just like the garbage, your home, your car, and your outsides - your insides need to be serviced and maintained on a consistent basis.
Alzheimer’s Disease is believed to be tied to the brains waste removal system.
If you consume clean, nutrient dense, antioxidant rich, organic foods or foods that contain minimal synthetic chemicals; you are consistently physically active; wear natural fibers; use personal care products made with natural ingredients; and sleep well; you probably generate a normal amount of metabolic waste that your body can process without becoming over-loaded.
However, if you expose yourself to environmental contaminants including synthetic chemicals present in food, personal care products, clothing and multitudes of other sources including petroleum products, cleaning, landscape and garden chemicals, your body is probably overloaded with metabolic waste and with time it will not be able to process and eliminate these wastes efficiently. Over time, your body will accumulate excess metabolic wastes which will prohibit normal function and prevent you from experiencing your highest quality of life.
Do you want metabolic waste to accumulate in your brain and body? If not, it is vital that you learn how to promote metabolic waste removal for your best health = your most beautiful self.
Make your health a priority. Begin by practicing a physical detoxification method for 20 to 30 minutes a week. Overtime, combine several detox methods for supercharged results. Relish the care that you give yourself and the associated feelings of well-being.
Live a lifestyle that can make you feel terrific every day so that you may withstand the rigours of life.
Here are a few detoxification methods that promote metabolic waste removal from the organs, muscles, fascia and brain. Click on the method for a link to a source that has more information.
If you do not currently practice physical detoxification, you can (and should) start immediately, at any age, to maintain your best health and reap many other benefits!
· Weekly saunas. Start slow and work up to a total of 30 minute sessions doing 10-minute intervals with a cool down in between.
· Dry brush entire body weekly to stimulate lymphatic flow. Dry brush from the soles of the feet to the tips of the fingers, brush towards the heart, include the face. Use a natural fiber brush, glove and back scrubber. Dry brush before the sauna. Super soften the skin, promote lymphatic flow and loosen fascia.
· Weekly near infra-red sauna. Purchase a sauna, pay a monthly subscription at a salon, or build one for personal use.
· Exercise one hour per day, 6 days a week. This might be the life salvation that you need, like it has been for me for 30 years. It may be as simple as a 4 mile walk or anything! Just move!
· Soft tissue self-care including yoga, stretching, foam roller, trigger point therapy and massage and more is vital for pain-less, flexible, toxin-free living. Do not let muscles and fascia stiffen, loose circulation and flexibility. Practice soft tissue self care to remain well lubricated, soft and youthful.
Make a choice to promote physical detoxification to help your body process metabolic wastes and experience your best you.
Take good care of yourself and for more skin care tips get my book "Skin Remodeling DIY: An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skincare"